Friday 29 November 2013

Muji Acrylic Boxes

I was completely unorganised and fed up with my makeup being in about 4 different boxes/bags/locations. And with my recent haul of MUA cosmetics, I decided something needed to be done.

I saw on Twitter (follow me @joannelreynolds ) that Billie from TOWIE has purchased a beautiful set of clear drawers for her makeup, I loved the idea. I saw that she posted that they were part of the Kardashian collection, but these retail for circa £130, and I did not fancy spending that much on a makeup box! So I started scouring the internet for a cheaper alternative.

In all their gorgeousness and glossy beauty I came across the acrylic drawers from Muji - http://www.muji.eu/ 

My purchases were:

2x Acrylic Box - 2 Drawers – Wide @ £10.96 each
http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=9&Sub=39&PID=2424

2x Acrylic Pen Pot – Rectangular @ £1.95 each
http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=15&Sub=63&PID=189

My total order including P&P came to £30.75, which still seemed like a bit of a splurge to me, but compared to the price of the Kardashian drawers, I saved £100! That’s what I’m convincing myself of anyway!

The drawers are solid and stackable. You can add to your collection by purchasing additional drawers in your chosen range. But note, the single drawers are £7.95 each, so you are always better off buying a 2 drawer set, saves you money.

How neat, tidy & organised am I?!

I didn’t realise quite how much make I had, and i have already filled up all the drawers, so if I get anymore makeup, I will need to look at increasing my acrylic collection. It was so nice to do my makeup this morning after organising last night, I always wear the same makeup to work every day, but because I could see what I have with ease, I branched out of my routine and wore a different eye shadow – wild I know!

I was a bit worried about what my husband would think about me having my entire makeup collection out on display, as normally I’m very tidy and don’t like having things out on display, I’m very minimal, but this is so tidy, it looks great. He said they look really good, clean and modern. Phew!

I put my brushes, tweezers and eyelash curlers in the pen pots and organised the drawers as follows:

1st Drawer: 

Lips – glosses, lipsticks, lip liners, lip balms


2nd Drawer: 
Eyes – Eye shadows, eye liners, mascaras


3rd Drawer: 
Cheeks – blushers, bronzers, highlighters, cheek stains, powders


4th Drawer:
Face – Foundation, BB cream, tinted moisturiser, concealer


I can’t stop looking at them, they make me smile, I’m so happy (and a complete geek of that I am totally aware!) I recommend them to anyone looking to organise themselves a bit better!

Happy Friday, and have a lovely weekend.



Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment